The FRM exam is among the hardest to crack in finance. On an average, less than 50% candidates are able to pass FRM part 1 exam. On the contrary, more than 50% candidates pass the FRM part 2 exam.
To take the FRM exam there are no professional or educational prerequisites . If you are taking both the parts of the FRM exam on the same day, then it is mandatory to pass the FRM part 1 exam to get the part 2 graded.
The FRM Exam results are announced through an email; six weeks after the exam is conducted. You are also provided with the quartile results which will basically allow you to understand how you scored on the broad areas of the exam with respect to other participants. There are no sectional cut offs, you should score an overall score to pass.
· There have been more than 150,000 registrants for the FRM exam since 1997.
· 923 organizations had five or more registrations for the FRM Exam in 2014.
· 38 organizations had 100 or more FRM registrations in 2013.
· In 2014, 11 organizations had 250 or more FRM registrations.
· In 2014, graduate students from over 350 educational institutions enrolled in the FRM.
· 90% of those who sat for the May 2014 FRM Exam would recommend that their colleagues also sit for the FRM Exam.
· More than 30,000 FRMs are practicing worldwide.
WHY PURSUE FRM?
FRM certification should be chosen and pursued because it is required in the current economic and finance industry. But at the same time you need to consider your career prospects which could vary according to your interests and current professional experience if any.
What is the time duration required for FRM Exam preparation?
Candidates’ preparation times will vary based on their prior experience level, academic record, and understanding of the concepts. Hence the exam preparation time is best dependent on individual efforts. Total preparation time can vary between 300 to 400 hours.